Just tune in to Swarnavahini's Gauthami or Sirasa's Kavya to get my point *rolls eyes*
Why do these ppl have to copy-cat indian soaps?? Its not just the plots either! Why on earth is Vasuda (in Vasuda at Sirasa) wearing a mangala sutra ??? Hellooo Sirasa ! Get a reality check NOW! Since when did Sinhalese women weart those? And the garish make up plus the gaudy makeup these women seem to be smearing themselves with...!
I personally have never met anyone who waers saris at home...My mother tells me that her mother, my grandmother wore saris at home ages ago... But the women in these soaps are wearing all these heavy gaudy saris at home all the time???
The recipe for a Lankan Soap:
- A heroine who will be the main character : She is
- Very pretty - but only in a good-girl kind of way
- Very innocent
- Very brave
- Very rich - or will get rich soon
- A guy magnet - not that she is remotely interested in anyone but her 'true love'
- Also rich
- Gullible (so that will misunderstand the heroine alot)
- a girl magnet so that the heroine will always have to 'fight for love'
- Heroine's mom is actually her step mom but no one knows this except an estranged uncle
- Heroine's dad/mom has illegitimate offspring
- Heroine's dad/mom has secretly morgaged/sold their entire fortune and the heroine finds this out on the day of her wedding
- The guy to whom their property was morgaged/sold lusts for the heroine and now she has to marry HIM to save her family